Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday - Day of the Sabbath & Night of the Vamps

Good day all! 

One of my favorite days of the week is Sunday.  I like to get up early and catch a morning church service, eat breakfast with the family (during which time we usually argue about something - like my teenaged daughter's love of spending money or my delightful boyfriend's inability to admit when he's wrong) and finally, for the better part of the afternoon - watching or reading something dealing with Vampires.  I luuuurrrrvvvvvvvvv all things Vampire -

I started with Bela Lugosi as a small child on Saturday afternoon movies... wouldn't go outside to play with my friends until I was done watching.



One of the classics... Let's take a moment to pay homage to the late great Bela.  He's wasn't beautiful - like one of the Lost Boys - but he definately was my first Vampire love! Smooches to a great Old Timer!

Somewhere in the most recent decade, however, my indulgances moved to Sunday's ... I watch the Vampire Diaries online, and True Blood at night.  And yes, I am completely aware that Vampire Diaries is available for viewing by the general public each Thursday evening courtesy of the CW, but I take great pride in marching to the beat of my own drum.

Actually, I even watch some old DVDs of Buffy.  Another classic, nothing like a good slayer to get the blood going.

I'm wondering if there are many other folks out there that have a designated day to indulge in a few of their favorite things... There has to be right?

Anyway, here's what I'm watching right now... The Dark Side of the Moon episode (original aire date 4/1/10). It's a pretty good one, and it fits my Sunday theme since two characters (Sam and Dean) are shot and sent to Heaven.  My rating scale... 4 outta 5 stars.  Novels turned television series will never get the full stars from me, since they never rate as good as the images that I conjure up in my mind while reading.

I can't think of a better way to spend my Sunday's.  And if you, like me, prefer, the Vampire Diaries has novels, ass kicking good novels, to feed your need.







Until next time, hold the garlic and spend a great night with your local Vampire!

Take Bloody Care!

Aliza

No comments:

Post a Comment