Sunday, July 11, 2010

Today, Yesterday, and the Day Before

I hardly know where to begin with today's blog.  In the time since we've last spoken, I've indulged myself in a literal smorgasbord of the paranormal.

First, let's talk about Charliane Harris' latest installment of the Sookie Stackhouse series - Dead in the Family.  In this diatribe, we find a kinder gentler Eric who is fully aware of the blood bond between he and Sookie.  Carefully cultivated over the years, it is at the peak of heighented awareness between the lusty pair.  I utterly loved their relationship here.  While the moments between their interludes felt at times fleeting, I could see the anger, love, and intrigue between the two.  That's what I liked.  What I didn't like was the lack of Bill, the inability for Sookie to connect with her need to find out what she is capable of - a part faerie, she may be extremely powerful.  That part of her character has never been developed.  Leave me wanting her to grow up a bit more.  Also, the wolves (weres) seem so utterly subjective to their flawed emotions.  OK, so I know they've always been portrayed that way, but wouldn't it be nice to break the mold a little...


Then, I've watched the teen saga - Twilight Eclipse.  Bella seems almost two steps closer to accepting herself as completely helpless...  She did take a step towards ownership of some level of passion.  I felt better about that... I could appreciate the newborns, which I thought was an ode to the bygone days of vampirism.  I enjoyed the wolves - again, they are but slaves to their emotions....
Was it a good movie? OK, it was better than the last.  I left feeling a little frustrated.  I'm sure Bella felt the same.


Tonight, TrueBlood returns after a holiday hiatus.  I'm good with that.  It took me the whole of the weekend to fit all that parapleasure in, but it was worth it.  What a wonderful way to couch potato.

I decided to take a look back at a season highlight in parting... I'll be back tomorrow with loads of dish from tonight's episode!  Take care Supes!


No comments:

Post a Comment